Dedicated to those who died on September 11th and to those who are currently serving in our Armed Forces around the world. God Bless the USA.
- The National Association of Auctioneers [NAA]
- The NAA Multiple Listing Service
- The Auction Association of North Carolina [AANC]
- The Auction Community
- The National Association of Realtors [NAR]
- The North Carolina Association of Realtors
- Raleigh Regional Association of Realtors [RRAR]
- The Triangle Multiple Listing Service [MLS]
Meet the Taylor Family
Ron Taylor is a first generation auctioneer. But with three sons and two daughters in the family, hopefully it will not be the lastgeneration of auctioneers. Living in a rural area on a fifty acre farm in the Inez community of Warrenton, NC, auctions have always been a fascination to Ron.
It all started with a local auctioneer doing auctions in a hay field directly across from his farm. In fact, before becoming an auctioneer himself, Ron had the local auctioneer sell some of his farm equipment he no longer needed and got a good price at the auction.
- Just out of college and after spending three years in the US Army (1966-69), Ron started his professional career in the insurance and investment business in 1974 with the Prudential Insurance Company in Raleigh, NC before starting his own agency in 1980 as a financial planner where he worked primarily with business owners.
- In 1978 he received the coveted Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) professional designation and in 1983, the Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) designation.
- In 1999 he started his present company The Restorer, Inc., as a real estate investment and management company.
- In 2007, Ron attended the Mendenhall School of Auctioneering in High Point, NC. He received his auctioneering license the same year upon successfully passing the North Carolina state exam.
- In 2010 Ron received the highly acclaimed AARE (Accredited Auctioneer of Real Estate) professional designation.
- In March of 2017, Ron received the highest professional designation in the auction industry, viz., CAI, from the Certified Auctioneer Institute.
- Being a senior himself, Ron recently started a new division called Taylor Estate Services, a senior move management service, to meet the needs of seniors who want to downsize, move, sell both their real estate and personal property.
Plus, Ron has experience in the foreclosure and bankruptcy markets. He has helped owners in a foreclosure situation by working out a “short sale” with the lenders, thus stopping the foreclosure before it reached the courthouse steps. He has also worked with Chapter 13 individuals and couples that were “dismissed” from their filing.
In addition to holding an auctioneer license, Ron is a real estate broker. He is married to the former Paula Carraway of Snow Hill, North Carolina.
Paula, above, his wife of 43 years, mother of his five children, home-school teacher, RN by education, is his best friend and counselor. When things don’t seem to be going right, she always sees it as a test of faith and reminds him that God doesn’t need his help, just his obedience.
Below are his sons (left to right) John-Paul, Samuel and Joshua. (Grandson Zach in training) And below them are his daughters Rebekah and Abigail.
|When you go home, Tell them for us and say, “For your tomorrow, We gave our today.” Quote from Flags of Our Fathers by James Bradley. This book is the story of the Battle of Iwo Jima woven together with the lives of the six flag raisers in the famous Iwo Jima Memorial, told by the son of John Bradley, one of the soldiers in the Memorial.|